For commercial and residential applications, Consolideck SaltGuard WB works on clay, concrete, limestone, marble, and more. A solution for the corroding and spalling effects of salt build up. Water Based. Low odor, so less hazardous than other methods. Cleans up with soap and water.
- Ready-to-use water-based, VOC compliant silane/siloxane water repellent and “chloride screen” for the protection of concrete and masonry surfaces.
- Penetrates more deeply than conventional water- or solvent-based water repellents.
- Low odor and alkaline stable, so ideal for field or in-plant application to concrete and most masonry surfaces.
- Protects surfaces from moisture intrusion and chemical attack of chloride salts.
- Screens chlorides from penetrating through concrete to reinforcing steel and reduces rebar corrosion and surface spalling caused by water-carried salts.
- Appropriate for use on horizontal surfaces such as driveways, sidewalks, and tile, brick and sandstone pavers, as well as providing excellent protection for retaining walls, bridge pilings and other vertical surfaces exposed to de-icing salts.
- Not for use on natural stone, except sandstone.
- Will not prevent water penetration through structural cracks, defects or open joints.
- Not suitable for application to coated surfaces or surfaces previously treated with water repellents or liquid hardeners.
- Water repellency of treated surfaces will increase for up to 14 days after application.
- Not suitable for protecting surfaces subjected to constant water spray (car washes).
- Not suitable for application to synthetic resin paints, gypsum or other non-masonry surfaces.
Product literature listed these properties about Consolideck Saltguard WB:
- FORM: White liquid
- SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 0.997
pH: 7 to 8
- WEIGHT/GALLON: 8.24 pounds
- ACTIVE CONTENT: 10 percent
- FLASH POINT: greater than 212 degrees F (greater than 100 degrees C) FREEZE POINT: 32 degrees F (0 degrees C) m
- VOC CONTENT: less than 25 g/L Low Solids Coating. Complies with all known national, state and district AIM VOC regulations.
- Before applying, read “Preparation” and “Safety Information” sections in the Manufacturer’s Product Data Sheet for Consolideck® Saltguard® WB.
- Refer to the Product Data Sheet for additional information about application of Saltguard® WB.
Do not dilute or alter.
Mix well before application.
- Vertical Application Instructions: For best results, apply Saltguard® WB “wet-on-wet” to a visibly dry and absorbent surface.
- Spray: Saturate from the bottom up. Apply enough for a 4 to 8 inch (15 to 20 centimeter) rundown below the spray contact point. Let the first application penetrate for 5 to 10 minutes. Reapply in the same saturating manner. Less material will be needed for the second application.
- Brush or roller: Apply uniformly. Saturate the surface. Let Saltguard® WB penetrate for 5 to 10 minutes. Brush out heavy runs and drips that do not penetrate.
- Horizontal Application Instructions
- Apply Saltguard® WB in a single saturating application. Use enough to keep the surface wet for 2 to 3 minutes before penetrating. Do not over apply.Broom out all puddles thoroughly until they penetrate the surface. Wipe up all excess material.
- Dense Surface Application Instructions: Apply a single coat. Use enough to completely wet the surface without creating drips, puddles or rundown. Do not over apply. Test for application rate.
NOTE: Treated surfaces will dry to touch within 1 hour. Protect surfaces from rainfall for a minimum of 6 hours following treatment. Treated surfaces will be ready for pedestrian and vehicle traffic in 24 hours. Water repellency of treated surfaces will increase for up to 14 days after application.
CLEAN UP: Clean tools, equipment and surfaces affected by over spray with soap and warm water.
GENERAL ADVICE: Pre-testing recommended and always follow safety precautions.
MORE INFORMATION: Refer to product label and manufacturer's instructions for additional details.