LCSLCS strips sealers, stains, and paint. Particularly effective for graffiti removal, this water based product also removes stains on decks and layers of paint and coatings of resin. According to the product literature, "It can be used to remove petroleum based and food oil stains from concrete dumpster pads at restaurants and from stainless steel delivery tankers." LCS stands for Liquid Caustic Stripping Agent.
The manufacturer listed these factors:
- Citrus odor
- At high dilutions, LCS is an all purpose cleaner that creates a notable shine.
- If concerned, rinse plants after washing to prevent browning.
- Extended dwell time on skin can cause harm.
- Do not use undiluted on asphalt shingles or vinyl siding.
Product literature designated:
- Appearance & Odor: Amber color, mild citrus odor
- Physical State: Liquid
- pH: 13.5
- Vapor Pressure (mmHg): N/A
- Vapor Density (air=1): N/A
- Boiling Point: 210° F
- Freezing/Melting Point: N/A
- Specific Gravity (water =1): 1.13
- Evaporation Rate: As water
- Solubility in Water: Complete
How should you dilute LCS?
- Use undiluted (straight) for stripping.
- 4:1 may work if coating is substantial worn
- Undiluted – 10:1 concrete dumpster pads and stainless steel delivery tankers
- 20:1 – 50:1 for roofs, gutters, and siding
Refer to product label and manufacturer's instructions for other details.