Dicone NC9 is a specially formulated silicone “digestant,” for removing silicone-based sealants
and adhesives, cured silicone elastomers and silicone water repellent over spray. Dicone NC9
uses new solvent technology to dissolve cured silicone resins and polymers with a nonflammable,
non chlorinated and nonaromatic cleaning solution. Safer and more efficient than chlorinated
or aromatic solvents or caustic solutions normally used for these applications.
Dicone NC9 is suitable for removing silicone residues from brick, concrete, natural stone, glass,
and most metal and painted surfaces. Dicone NC9 is an excellent cleaning solvent for removing
cured silicone sealants and adhesives from mixing and application equipment. Equipment parts
immersed in Dicone NC9 for 1 to 2 hours are cleaned of all silicone residues. Ideal for cleaning
and maintenance of bulk caulking guns, pumps, sprayers and dispensing equipment. Does not
affect most metal or painted surfaces. Does not attack ceramic, plastic or most synthetic surfaces.
- SHELF LIFE1 year in tightly sealed, unopened container
- VOC CONTENT70% maximum
- FORMClear, brown liquid; petroleum odor
- PH<1.0 (anhydrous concentrate)
- COVERAGE RATE50-400 sq ft/gal. See Product Data Sheet for variations per substrate.
- FREEZE POINT<–22° F (<–30° C)
- FLASH POINT185° F (85° C) ASTM D 3278
- TOTAL SOLIDS9%
- WT/GAL6.75 lbs
- AVAILABLE SIZES1-gal, 5-gal